Finding a credible palm springs realtor is not always easy, but it is well worth the effort to find an agent who can help you buy or sell a home in this beautiful desert community. There are many things that go into finding the perfect Realtor for your needs and we have put together some tips on how to identify a great one.
1. Check out their website. A good Realtor’s web site should be professional looking and contain all of the information you need to make a decision about them. If they don’t have a web site then ask if they will create one for you. You want someone who has taken the time to do so.
2. Ask around. Word of mouth from friends and family is still one of the best ways to get referrals. You never know when a friend may need to sell or purchase a property and would appreciate having a Realtor by their side.
3. Get references. It is important to check out any potential Realtors reputation before hiring them. Read reviews online and talk with people who have used them.
4. Meet in person. This is where face-to-face contact comes into play. The first thing you should do is meet with several agents in person. Look at homes, look at neighborhoods, and see what kind of properties they specialize in. When you meet in person, you will be able to tell right away whether you like them or not.
5. Make sure they understand your situation. What type of property are you interested in? How much are you willing to spend? What is your timeframe? These questions will help determine which Realtor is right for you.
6. Be honest. Don’t lie about anything. If you say you want a certain neighborhood, then you should stay there. If you say you only want to pay $200,000, then stick to that price range. Honesty goes a long way.
7. Do your research. Once you have narrowed down your search to two or three agents, start doing more research. Find out as much as you can about each agent including: their experience, education, awards received, and licensing status.
8. Choose wisely. Now that you have found a few qualified candidates, choose the one that seems to fit your personality the most. Remember, you will be working closely with this individual over the next few months so it is important to feel comfortable with them.
9. Follow up. Always follow up after meeting with a candidate. If they seem trustworthy, send them a thank you note. Tell them why you chose them and let them know what you liked about them.
10. Pay attention. After you have hired your agent, keep tabs on them. Call every now and again to see how things are going.
11. Stay organized. Keep track of all paperwork and deadlines. Also, keep copies of everything you give them.
12. Enjoy the process.
If all of the steps above may seem like too much of a hassle, and it rightfully is (because you don’t want to approach something as important as real estate without any preparation), you should be glad to know that you’ve already fulfilled most of them if you found Harcourts Desert Homes. Our team of consultants are local market experts who pride themselves on having the knowledge, expertise, integrity and commitment to provide their clients with the best possible result.